Thursday, August 03, 2006

More Floyd, Bennett not Landis


Tuesday was, excluding July 4, my 9th Floyd Bennett race in a row. The consistency is finally getting me to a decent level of fitness. The heart rate monitor numbers were scary, in fact, higher than during the Tewksbery TT, the hardest TT I've ever done (used full range of gears from 53x12 to 39x27).

I saw 5+ beats over my threshold a bunch of times. However, I finally had enough energy to read the race and be part of it. I chased the winning break in a twosome which grew to 5. We didnt catch, but I hung on for a proud and pennyless 8th place. The Merrill Lynch team was put in a tough spot by geezer sprinter and series leader James Joseph. ML made repeated attempts to put together a breakaway without him. He was there every time. It made for good racing and the two factions cancelled each other out, leaving the win for another team.

You can see the rest of the photos on the NYVelocity site, and read Dan Schmalz's account here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home